Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Search Engine Optimization- A Case Study

I thought it might be interesting to share some of the strategies that we use to move our clients' websites up in the search engine rankings, which include:


Eileen Koch Public Relations- www.eileenkoch.com

Genright OffRoad- www.genright.com

Thousand Oaks- www.1000-oaks.com

My own site- www.FindAnExpertOnline.com


The first thing we do is work with the client to determine a list of potential keywords because, after all, that's how people are going to find their websites, by typing in the words and/or phrases for the things/information they're looking for.

An interesting side note- I've discovered something inconsistent with the whole searching process. While doing an analysis for a client, I found that I get different results using Google in Internet Explorer, FireFox Mozilla, and Mac's Safari. Typing the same term each time returned different rankings-- very strange.

There's been a number of times that I find my clients at a certain ranking on Google's first page in Internet Explorer, but they find a different ranking in Safari, even while using Google for the exact same search terms.

I'm going to research why this is.

Stay tuned for more.

No comments: